Snapchat has just made it even easier for businesses to create their own custom Geofilters. Snapchat Geofilters are one of the best ways to quickly and easily get brand awareness. Of course just even making them for fun (or as a product to sell) works too. I recently made a Geofilter for a wedding, geofenced it to the block that the hotel was on and Bam, all my snaps had that extra flair. Plus these are super inexpensive if you are only targeting small areas, but they can get a bit pricey when targeting large parts of a city. So choose wisely as these may be better for specific events rather than an ongoing campaign based on your budget. The big update is that Snapchat now offers tools on the platform itself to create your own Geofilter without any design knowledge needed. So no more Photoshop skills necessary!
- Go to Snapchat.com and click on the Snapchat Geofilter link at the top of the screen.
- Click On Demand to create and schedule a Geofilter for a specific time and location.
- Once you’re on the On-Demand Geofilter page click Create Now.
- Review the guidelines Snapchat has laid out for best practices
- Click Create Online (previously you would have had to build on one your own or use a generic template).
- Welcome to the Snapchat tools section, now experiment and create something!